Monday, September 13, 2010

A Call To All Who Sell Tights…

Being on this platform and read by many people I wish to take advantage of it starting now.

I've posted a few posts since the beginning of this blog about the idea of men wearing tights. It has remained dormant on this site for a while and I feel its time to awake it. I feel I have a louder voice than I have ever had before and today I will exercise it.

One thing I feel that could help the men's tights revolution is not just by men wearing tights and society accepting. Both will take a while. What I think we need is a sponsor, a corporate supporter. A company that sells men's tights and that accepts it. I have thought of some business bullet points that I think could be helpful.

-Market them…To companies that already manufacture tights, you know how to make them. Now, just either modify them to fix a mans body. Or better yet, market them as Unisex. Most men that wear tights have to buy woman's tights. Some men buy men's tights, however their isn't a large variety. I actually prefer woman's tights. Just say they are for both men and woman. Most of the places I buy tights online from you have to go to the woman's section, already there I feel like I'm a crossdresser, and go through the list of dresses, skirts, heels and then at the very bottom there is a part that says hosiery.

-More profit…If anything, you will benefit more financially in the long run. It won't cause any loss of profit. Any company that extends its reach and product line is on the guaranteed way to gain more profit. Simple as that. If you make your product for more people, more people will want to purchase it. In return you will see more profit. Its Business 101 here.

-Accept it Publicly…Make a big banner on your site saying "We Sell Mens Tights" or "We Accept Mens Tights" something catchy. What it is a welcome sign saying, "Guys, you can buy your tights here and we love it! We don't care if your a man or not!"

-Be The First…Be the first to follow this trend. If your company sells/makes tights. Be the first to say they are for men. This will have others to follow and you will have been the originator of it!

A Message to We Love Colors…

I think We Love Colors is the best tights company in America currently. I also think We Love Colors is quite possibly one of the best companies in America currently. They actually happen to sell mens tights, but they aren't nearly as good as the woman's microfiber tights. They sell a men's performance tights, but its too tight and shiny. Not something you'd wear in public. They also sell a men's nylon tights. Which to say the least, is not comfortable at all. Sorry to say and I hate to be frank but its true. Why not market your microfiber tights as a men's tights as well? I know you get a lot of men buying it, but put it in the mens section and post men wearing it in clothes and not half naked! That would be great!

You've got the men's section right under the children's section which makes us feel like we can't compete. As primarily a tights company, you have one of the biggest voices in the tights community. If you were to start selling men's tights as you do woman's, many will follow! And plus you make tights so well, a lot of guys I know would buy them. Its just the woman's are sooo much cheaper than your men's performance tights and so much better quality! 40 bucks as opposed to 12? Pretty big difference!

I guess all I'm saying is market men's tights as much as you do woman's tights and show that you accept them more. I know you know that men buy your woman's tights. You are always giving away your microfiber tights to all these girl bloggers. Start giving them away to guys too! It's going to take alot of free tights to giveaway to the regular guy to get him to start wearing tights let alone buying from YOU!

If you want more feedback from a guy who wears tights or need someone to try them out, I'm here if you need me! I just hope you see this and not ban me from buying your tights! I love them so much!

This makes me what to buy some new tights! We Love Colors of course, now what color? Comment below!

1 comment:

  1. The footless performance tights make great men's leggings. A perfect replacement for jeans. They are robust and opaque enough to wear anywhere.

    ReplyDelete