Sunday, August 15, 2010

Will the Real Tights Please Stand Up?


I've kept my mouth shut for too long while people call tights either leggings or  stockings. Tights my friends are tights. Leggings are leggings. Pantyhose are pantyhose. Stockings are stockings. For the first time someone will help you all out and tell you the TRUE definition and differences between hosiery.


 Tights: Opaque and footed. Covers the waist all the way to the toes
 
 
Footless tights: Opaque and footless. Covers the waist and extends to either below the knee or ankle. 
 Pantyhose: Sheer and footed. Covers the waist all the way to the toes. Is the same as tights, but is sheer.
Stockings: Sheer and goes only up to the knee or thigh.


So there we are! Please use the right words. I don't want to keep correcting girls about what tights really are. I mean come on girls, if guys know the difference, you should to!

Which kind of tights do you all prefer? Leave comments!
 *Pictures from Asos.com (They've got a big selection of great tights) 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that's been annoying me too! Thanks for the mail, btw :)

    ReplyDelete